USE “AUTUMN10” AT CHECKOUT TO APPLY DISCOUNT
Our VLE is a unique and secure learning platform powered by Moodle. It is an interactive on line learning tool and allows us to deliver flexible learning options.
The Benefits to Learners:
- You can access learning activities at a time and at a pace that suits your lifestyle
- We offer online feedback and support for the learner on some of our longer courses
- You can access support forums and educational discussion groups
You can click Here to access the platform as a guest where you can view information about the courses we have available.
Independent Advocacy Qualifications
The Level 2 Award and the Level 3 Certificate/Diploma in Independent Advocacy are the only nationally recognised qualifications that allow advocates to externally validate these skills. The qualifications were first introduced in the advocacy sector in March 2009 to develop national training as part of a drive to improve standards and consistency across advocacy provision. Our Level 2 Award can be completed online.
Our Level 3 courses are still available despite COVID-19!
Click here to contact us for more information
The qualifications were developed in collaboration with the Department of Health and are designed to:
- Help advocates learn more about how to represent an individual’s interests and how to support them to interact with other individuals, organisations and agencies.
- Reflect best practice within advocacy – the qualification itself has been updated and revised as recently as February 2013
- Provide commissioners of advocacy services with a quality benchmark to improve tendering process.
Quality Standard in Carers Support
Both young and adult carers can be affected by the impact of juggling their caring role with other responsibilities such as employment and education. The practical and emotional implications of a caring role can be both stressful and demanding, the reality for many carers is that they may neglect their own needs. Some carers; experience poor health, may disengage from education or leave employment.
The Carers Federation Quality Standard in Carer Support has been developed by carers to provide accreditation and training for organisations. The QSCS will help to raise awareness, remove some of the barriers for carers, develop appropriate policies and procedures and improve access to support. The QSCS demonstrates good practice in supporting carers in the wider community.