Introduction to Mentoring
If you are just starting in a mentoring role, or have an interest in becoming a mentor then this short course will be ideal for you.
This course has been developed with experienced mentors, mentor trainers and mentor service managers who have been recruiting training and supporting volunteer and peer mentors including volunteer mentors in prisons for over 10 years.
The course usually takes about 60 minutes on line to complete after which you will receive a certificate of completion.
Introduction to Mentoring Course Aims
- To introduce you to the role of a mentor
- To explore basic mentoring skills and qualities
- To look at the mentoring process
- To explore some of the barriers and limitations to successful mentoring
- To look at some of the benefits of mentoring support
Introduction to Mentoring course Objectives
By the end of the course, you will be able to;
- Have a better understanding of what a Mentor does
- Understand some of the skills and qualities involved in mentoring
- Understand the mentoring process
- Understand some of the barriers and limitations to successful mentoring
- Understand the benefits of mentoring
Includes: Secure access to our Virtual Learning Environment and its resources, on line support, and certification.