The Carers Federation, a company limited by guarantee, was established in 1992 as a small local charity and has grown steadily to become an organisation which works throughout England.
We provide a diverse range of services that range in size and complexity and have a national reputation for the excellence of our work.
Our key areas of work include
- Working to support and inform both adult and young carers across Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire County
- Working closely with all NHS Nottinghamshire South medical practices to support practice teams to embed awareness of the needs of carers into everyday practices
- We have an active team of around 25 volunteer mentors supporting young adult carers
- We are working with 250 primary and secondary schools in Nottingham City, delivering staff training and assemblies to raise awareness of, and support young carers
- We are working with 168 primary and secondary schools in Nottinghamshire County, delivering staff training and assemblies to raise awareness of, and support young carers
- We are a leading training provider of the Level 2 & Level 3 qualifications in independent advocacy and deliver courses throughout England and Wales
- Currently have 8 experienced volunteer counsellors offering free sessions for carers in both Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire County
- Provide training in prisons for peer led projects, developing the roles of mentors, advocates and buddys within prisons
- We offer online learning via our VLE which currently includes safeguarding, Carers Standard and Mentoring Training
- The Carers Federation Quality Standard in Carer Support provides accreditation and training for employers, F.E Providers and schools to improve the experiences of carers across their organisations.
Our commitment to continuous improvement operates within the framework of ISO9000:2015 and will remain crucial to our future service development and delivery.
Strategies exist at several levels in the Carers Federation – ranging from the overall business (or group of businesses) through to individuals working in it.
We believe in offering services that are sensitive to the needs of individuals and communities. The philosophy of the organisation is to go the extra mile in all aspects of its operation, to treat people with dignity and respect, recognising that “People don’t fit in boxes.”
The Carers Federation is governed by a Board of Trustees which ensures that the Federation conducts its business in the most effective way. The Chief Executive Officer and their Deputy attend Board meetings, but are not formally part of the Board itself. The Chief Operating Officer is accountable to the Board for progress on the agreed programmes and use of resources. Trustees can co-opt up to four other individuals onto the Board to support our work. For more information on the Carers Federation Board click here.