Regents House offers support to anyone over 18 who feels affected by someone else’s alcohol or drug use. We will support an individual or more than one person affected by their loved ones substance use e.g. whole families or friendship groups.
As a carer of someone using alcohol or drugs you may be experiencing:
- Difficult and challenging family relationships
- Your own health needs affected including – stress, anxiety and depression
- Social isolation
- Lack of service information, involvement and support
- Financial issues, employment and housing
- Feeling stigmatised and unable to share your issues and concerns
- Juggling caring with other commitments e. g. work and family
You may feel that your most important job is to get your loved one well and back on track. By accessing support and focusing on your own health and wellbeing, you can offer more effective and informed care, which evidence has shown to improve the recovery outcomes for service users.