What NHS Independent Complaints Advocacy does
NHS Complaints Advocacy is there to provide you with practical support, advice and information if you want to make a complaint about an NHS service you or someone you know has received.
The support we provide
The support we offer is tailored to your needs and includes:
- Giving you enough information and advice so you can pursue a complaint by yourself
- Offering you the support of an experienced worker, such as an Advocate, who can help you make your complaint.
- Compiling all the relevant issues and facts you need to highlight as part of your complaint
- Writing letters to the right people
- Preparing you for complaint meetings and go to these with you if you need support
- Answering questions to help YOU make decisions
- Giving you the opportunity to speak confidentially to someone who is Independent of the NHS
- Meeting with you face to face to discuss your complaint
- Monitoring the progress of your complaint with the organisation responsible
One of our experienced and qualified advocates can help you explore your options at every stage of your complaint and give you the information that can help you decide what to do.
Where do we work?
You can use the Carers Federation Independent Advocacy Services if you are resident in the following local authority areas;
|North East NHS Complaints Advocacy|
Redcar & Cleveland
Greater Manchester Independent Complaints Advocacy
Merseyside & Cheshire Healthwatch Complaints Advocacy
Cheshire West with Chester
Yorkshire and Lincolnshire
|East Riding||North Lincolnshire
North East Lincolnshire
Latest Service Update: For residents in North East Lincolnshire we now offer an independent advocacy service if you wish to make a complaint about a Social Care Service you or someone you know has received.
If you or a carer you know have any specific information or communication needs and require information about our services in an alternative format please let us know.
Contact us on 0115 962 9310