The standard and affiliating resources have been developed by carers and have been designed to be as ‘user friendly’ as possible. The resources should allow for flexibility so you can tailor the accreditation to your organisational structure. The process may also support with the reviewing and development of other policies and procedures.
The Carers Federation can draw on years of experience of supporting carers in the community and are therefore well placed to support the process. We are here to support and provide you with all the necessary tools you may need to successfully achieve the accreditation.
- Initial contact with Carers Federation to discuss needs and requirements
- Registration and ‘Working Towards’ pack provided
- QSCS Action Plan completion with support
- Preparing for assessment and confirmation of an assessment (recommended completion is 6-12 months)
- Assessment meeting takes place with the QSCS team at your organisation
- Assessment Report and awarded QSCS or re-assessment via email within 28 days
- Accreditation is valid for 3 years