Advocacy Support

An advocate is someone who can help you if you are having a problem explaining your point of view, help you make a complaint about a service you have received, attend meetings with you, or signpost you to new services. The following agencies offer advocacy services, simply click or call for more information;

Community and Hospital based Advocacy

Your Voice Your Choice (Providing Advocacy, Information, Advice and Signposting)

  • Information, Advice and Signposting – This is a remote service providing information, advice and signposting to any resident in Nottingham or Nottinghamshire accessed via telephone, email, minicom, text or skype
  • Independent Mental Health Advocacy (IMHA) – Statutory advocacy provision for people subject to the Mental Health Act
  • Independent Mental Capacity Advocacy (IMCA) – Statutory advocacy service for those who meet the eligibility criteria as stipulated in the Mental Capacity Act (this service works with people who have a wide range of cognitive impairments and additional needs)
  • NHS Complaints Advocacy Service – Information, signposting and advocacy support for anyone making an NHS complaint

Pohwer Nottingham City , Pohwer Nottinghamshire County – 0300 020 0093

The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) 

PALS can support you with any problems in hospital. They aim to help you resolve any difficulties you may have with our services, quickly and easily.

If you have any difficulties accessing the support above, please contact your local Carer Support Worker