We do our best to ensure that the information about these groups is up to date and accurate but please let us know if you notice any errors, or if you think we should add a group to the list.
NottsHelpYourself website is a large source of information for groups, activities and local organisations
LION (Local Information Online Nottingham) is an online directory for community support and activities
The groups are listed alphabetically by name, search for a group by scrolling down.
- Autistic Spectrum Drop in Mornings – meets 3rd Wednesday of the month 10am – 12.30 pm at The Childrens Centre, City Hospital Campus, Hucknall Road, Nottingham for more details call 0115 8831157/8
- Carers’ Council – Allies in Adult Mental Health is a charity offering support across Nottinghamshire including the City, to family, friends and carers of those experiencing mental distress. We provide someone to talk to, information, monthly committee meetings open to all members, quarterly Open Meetings with speakers and social activities, newsletters and we engage with the statutory services, especially Notts NHS Healthcare Trust. To find out more or for support contact Geoff Curtis on 0115 9631916 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rainbow Carers Forum – For parents/carers of children with disabilities or additional needs
- Headway Nottingham Carer Support – meets every Monday, between 9am -4pm for more deatils call 07927368764 or email: email@example.com
- Huntington’s Disease Carer Support Group – meets the third Wednesday of every month at 7.30pm at The Wheelhouse Public House, Russell Drive, Wollaton, for more details call 01332 518988 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CMHF (Clifton Mental Health Forum)- meets the 3rd Monday of the month, 10am – 1 pm at Clifton LIbrary, for more details call Carers Federation on 0115 962 9369
- Bilborough Carers Support Group – meets the last Tuesday in the month, 12 – 2 pm at St Johns Hall and Social Centre, Graylands Road, Bilborough, for more details call 07837169515
- Clifton Friendship Group – meets every Tuesday 10am – 12 noon at Rivergreen Methodist Church Hall
- Cancer Patients and Carers Support Group – meets on the Third Tuesday in the month at 5.30pm, QMC, A floor classroom, School of Nursing, Derby Road, Nottingham for more details call Ken an Freda Ingall on call 9313541
- Radford Care Group- run Carer support Meetings five times a year on a Saturday morning, the next dates are: TBC For more details call: 0115 9786133
- Nottingham and District Parkinson’s Group –meets the 3rd Wednesday of each month 1:45 – 3:30pm at St Judes Church Woodborough Rd Nottingham NG3 5HE for more information call Francis on: 0808 108 335
- Alzheimer’s Society Dementia Carers Group- support for carers of a person with dementia – Carers Group meets at the Sybil Levin Centre, Nuthall Road, NG8 6AD 2-4pm 2nd Thursday of the month City Evening Carer’s Group meets on the 1st Wednesday of each month 6-7:30pm at St Andrews Community Hall 1b Chestnut Grove, Nottingham, NG3 5AD
- City Carer Support Group – support for family friends and supporters of people with mental health issues meets the last Wednesday of every month @2pm Highbury Hopsital Meeting Room for more information call Jude on 0115 9560841/07500993479
- Carers Time to Talk Project – emotional support, share concerns and build supportive strategies, the aim is to deliver interventions/strategies to enhance the carers experience by using recovery approaches, taught by carers with lived experience and a Trust Clinician. It is held every Wednesday from 4-6pm in the Highbury Hospital Room. For more information contact Antony Bernard (community psychiatrist nurse) on 0115 955 5360 or Trevor Clower on 07905740639.
- Elders Morning Coffee Club – Coffee club for over fifties at the new ACNA Centre, 31 Hungerhill Road NG3 4NB. It is held every Wednesday from 10:30 am – 1:30 pm. They are also holding an over 50’s exercise class every Wednesday 11am – 12pm the session costs £1.50 Refreshments included Elders Coffee Club – New Acna Centre
- Sport4Thought – Are offering Free physical activities and social support for people living with early onset Dementia and their carers. They sessions are run at the Portland Centre, Muskham Street , Nottingham, NG2 2HE on Wednesdays. They run separate sessions for men 3pm-4:30pm call Ian Richardson on 0115 95055896 and women 4:30-6pm call Emma Trent on 0115 9055896.