Adult Carer Support

Supporting Unpaid Carers

Our Adult Carer Support services are there to empower unpaid carers.

You are an unpaid carer if you support a family member or friend who is ill, disabled, elderly, has mental health issues or substance misuse problems. The support you offer may be emotional or include shopping, cooking, dealing with medication, or attending medical appointments with the person you care for. The person you care for could live with you, in their own home, or even in residential care.

The Carers Federation provides support to unpaid carers through our Carer Champion programme which is delivered at all medical practices in Rushcliffe, Gedling, Broxtowe and Hucknall districts.

To find out whom your Carer Champion is and more about what support is available in your area follow the links below:

Nottingham North and East Carers Service; for carers registered with a practice in Broxtowe (north), Gedling or Hucknall

Rushcliffe Carers Service; for carers registered with a practice in Rushcliffe

Nottingham West Carers Service; for carers registered with a practice in Broxtowe

These contracts are commissioned by local NHS Clinical Commissioning Groups

For more information about these services please contact Hazel Johnson on 0115 9629 314 or

Commissioned Adult Carer Support in the Nottingham and Nottinghamshire is delivered by CarersTrust East Midlands contact the Carers Hub for information, advice, and signposting on 0115 8248824.

If you or a carer you know have any specific information or communication needs and require information about our services in an alternative format please let us know.  Contact us on 0115 962 9310

“It is important that I am involved in the healthcare plan for my mum”
Quote from adult carer