Adult Safeguarding in Residential Homes
We offer this course as a context-specific version of our Adult Safeguarding course. The content is aimed at front line staff and volunteers working in residential establishments, such as care and nursing homes with adults at risk, who do not have managerial or team leader responsibilities. It also follows the National Competence Framework for Safeguarding Adults.
The course aims to help you demonstrate your ability to work with Safeguarding issues and focuses on five specific areas of competence:
- Understanding what Safeguarding is and your role in Safeguarding Adults
- Recognising an adult potentially in need of Safeguarding and take action
- Understanding how to make a safeguarding referral
- Understanding dignity and respect when working with individuals
- Having knowledge of your local Multi-Agency Safeguarding Procedures
Content is delivered through our Virtual Learning Environment. Learners will be sent log in credentials and a link to the site once payment is received. It takes around 2 hours to complete the course but this can be done at the learner’s pace as progress is saved automatically.
Each competency is evaluated through online test/evaluation and once successful in all five competencies the candidate will be issued with a certificate showing they have completed the course.