Our Action for Young Carers service helps young people aged 5-18. As part of a small team of Support Workers you will work closely with Young Carers and their families in Nottingham City.
Hours: 22.5 hours per week
Salary: Grade 1b £18,540 increasing to £20,361 per annum (pro rata) after successfully passing 6 month probation period
Closing Date: 31/08/2022
Specification: Download Job Specification
Carers Federation Ltd is a national charity and Company Limited by Guarantee established in 1992 to empower Carers, the people for whom they care and the wider community. The charity is managed by a Board of Trustees elected by our membership.
Our Action for Young Carers service helps young people aged 5-18. As part of a small team of Support Workers you will work closely with Young Carers and their families in Nottingham City. The attributes of AYC Support Worker would be.
- Deal with emotional, practical, and physical pressures
- Completing full family assessments & Young Carers assessments
- Offering one to one support to Young Carers
- Offer appropriate interventions and identify needs of individual and or family with internal and external support organisation statutory.
- Confident, conscientious, enthusiastic
- Previous experience in working with children
- You will be expected to deliver group activities during school holidays and at least one evening a week during term time.
You will work within Nottingham City Safeguarding Board policies and procedures alongside those of Carers Federation.
It is essential that you are a driver and car user as the role entails travel throughout Nottingham City and you will need to transport Young Carers to and from various activities.
You will be working both at home and in the office as and when required
This post is subject to medical, reference and enhanced DBS checks.
“Striving to promote equality and diversity throughout our service”
Closing date: Wednesday 31st August 2022, Please apply online at www.carersfederation.co.uk. If you require any assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Or call Rosaleen Lynch on 07739 237 147.Please quote the job reference.
Carers Federation operates a smoke free site policy. Smoking is not permitted on any of our premises.