- About Our Services
- Managing Your Money
- Recruiting your own Personal Assistant
- Payroll Services
- Managed Direct Payment Accounts
- Recruitment Support
- Start-up Package
- Ongoing Support Services
- About Personal Budgets
- Support Brokerage
- Why Choose Carers Federation
- Personal Budgets, Your Step By Step Guide
- Personal Budget Advisors
- About Training
- Independent Advocacy Qualification
- Level 4 Award Personalisation
- Introduction to Independent Advocacy
- Dealing with Grief & Loss
- Dealing with Secondary Trauma
- Enter & View - LINks
- Equally Yours
- Listening Skills
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
- Working with Clients We Find Difficult
- Leadership & Management Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Supervision & Appraisal
- Time Management
What We Do
The Carers Federation delivers a wide range of specialist information and support services, from small local arrangements to a very large national contract with the Department of Health.
We currently offer:
• Young carer support
• Adult carer support
• Black and ethnic minority carer support
• Drug and alcohol misuse support
• Local Involvement Networks (LINks)
• Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICAS)
We believe that people don't fit into boxes. This means that we treat every individual with dignity and respect and recognise in all areas of our work that services must be tailored to meet differing needs.
We also fulfil an active lobbying role, helping to raise the profile of carers nationally and ensuring that politicians and decision-makers are aware of the essential contribution they make.
We are closely involved in several influential forums, including the National ICAS Project Board, the National Voluntary Sector Government Advisory Panel for ‘Connecting for Health' and the ‘State of the Nation' National Panel. We have also established a good working relationship with the newly-formed Standing Commission on Carers.
The Carers Federation is one of only three companies nationally to deliver the Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICAS), a free, confidential and independent service that supports people through the NHS complaints process.
We are also one of only a small number of organisations currently delivering the new National Advocacy Qualification in England.